Sunday, February 18, 2007

Invasion of the Husband Snatcher


Yesterday Rex woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed, announcing he "was in the mood to hang out with someone! Maybe we should call Mrs. V! What's her husband's name again?" Me: "Given that you don't remember his name, perhaps we should aim for someone you do know." Rex: "Good idea." Silence. "How about we call my parents?" Me: "That works." He did just that, then followed up with a phone call to a couple who he very much likes, but rarely initiates meetings with (for no other reason than it's specifically stated in the computer hermit's handbook 'do not call people on the phone for social occasions... they might sense that you like them.")


What transpired since his deliverance was a few phone calls to friends, lunch with his parents, dinner with friends last night and tonite and some mumblings about hiking tomorrow.

This, combined with my niece and son having a sleep over in the same bed while Pipsqueak crashes in the pack in play in our room has me afraid.

Very, very afraid.

2 comments:

Lynnea said...

You know, you mentioned he had changed his approach with you recently too and I was just wondering, what are you feeding him? Maybe I could get some of it snuck into my hubby's diet...

meno said...

I am coming over to tear up his geek introvert card!