Saturday, August 05, 2006

1..2..3...4...

5!

For about one hour I had five children in my house, ranging from -1, 1, 2, 3 & 4. Normally by now I'd be ready to throw myself into a vat of Diet Coke and go for the Gold in amount of Animal Cookies consumed in one sitting, but I remain in a glorious mood. And here is why:

* Rex helped with the kids this morning while I cleaned the house
* Then Rex's dad came over to help him put the beadboard in the bathroom
* Then Rex's mom came over to help me with the kids
* Then poor Cecelia, whose husband is gone quite a bit on his film, came over for some well needed attention which I helped her with while the kids slept
* Then, since my kids each took 3 hour naps, I was able to pour some energy into my sister's kids so she could take a break

The theme here, people? Everyone helps each other, everyone is happy. We teach it to our kids in the sandbox, but sometimes forget to use it ourselves. And when we do? Despite little sleep. Despite yukky clothes. Despite one toilet... life feels grand.

And that, my friends, is glorious.

No comments: