Thursday, April 26, 2007

In Gratitude





When you think your life is boring, or you've had a bad day, go ahead and check out this site.

http://www.especiallyheather.com/emma/

This mother of 3 was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Also, one of her children has an incurable disease. Throughout these setbacks, she remains hopeful due to her faith.

I'm by no means preaching religion to anyone, but I gotta tell you, it makes me feel grateful to have some faith, because if this woman can get through this, I can get through my battles, too.

A fellow blogger named Boomama has organized a website if you want to make a donation to Heather's cause. They will take as little as one dollar and it goes toward medical fees, travel expenses, child care, food... you name it.

http://boomama.net/?p=1006

Here are my babies above. And again, for lack of sounding too high handed, I thank God every day for them. With days ahead of me where Pip will be climbing into real cars, or Stink will be moving into another house, I must remind myself to be grateful for their attempts at helping me cook. Nothing else but them matter.

Now off with you - go hug the ones you love!

2 comments:

Pam said...

The courage of others is always an inspiration and a reality check. She must be an incredible woman with great inner resources and a strong faith.

As for Pip and Stink, they are beautiful, bright and full of life. Hang on to every moment because before you know it, they will be in their 40s! When I look back I am stunned by the speed at which the years flew by. And it seems that my grandchildren are growing even faster.

Keep writing, I'm looking forward to the day when we can purchase your book and read your magazine articles.

meno said...

I'm on it! Off to hug my loves.