Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Sun After the Rain


After a few days of rain, which I truly don't mind (my kids are big puddle splashers) it's been glorious the past few days in Los Angeles.

Brightening up my house more than any sunshine were a few lovely surprises today, beginning with Mrs. V dropping by none other than a Scooby Doo surprise for Stink and some Coffee, Bean & Tea Leaf muffins for me.

Later I indulged in a neighbor's offer to "use my backyard any time" where I sipped coffee and pushed rug rats on swings. I attempted to read up on WestWays, the AAA magazine which I wanted to query today, but every other sentence read like "Hikes in the... PUSH ME... Easter Sierras... LOOK AT MY BUTT... are trailheaded by a .... GO FOR IT SCOOBY!!!!!.... volunteer named Gilda who.... THAT IS NOT ORANGE IT IS REDDISH PIIIIIIIIIINK!!!... has a keen eye for...DON'T THROW MY BABY BY THE EAR.... detail.

I'm glad Gilda can concentrate on climbing mountains, because I had a hard time focusing on one sentence. Oh, well.

While the kids napped, I got a phone call from none other than the sex charged One Tall Momma. I believe I have a long lost sister who lives in Maine. She even invited me to visit out there in June - no kidding. Either she's a warm hearted soul who senses another soul's need for connection, or she's wacky as a loon opening her heart to a manic mommy who sometimes is as organized as Martha Beck and other days is ready to shave her head and audtion for American Midol, The Mommy Chronicles. Either way, I'll take the invite. If I can drive all the way to Anaheim myself, perhaps I can work my way into flying across the country.

Good Lord, for that, you're going to have to do more than Pass the Zoloft.

PS: Pictured here is my Pipsqueak... almost 3. Ever the fashionista, her latest ensembles tend to include pink rainboots with shorts, pigtails and anything alluding to babies (hence the fake bottle.) If you ask her about it, she'll reply "BABIES DON'T TALK! Ahhh ahhh ahhhhh!!!!!!!!" Unfortunately, we can't say the same for her. She never shuts up. EVER. (I have no idea who she gets it from.)

5 comments:

Pam said...

Driving to Anaheim, dancing, flying across the country...Badda bing, badda boom!

I'm no flyer, believe me, but have flown across the country three times, once alone. A portable CD player helped and, oh yeah, a low dose of valium. = )

Roberta said...

Hmmm...I wonder. Let me know if you decide to head to Maine. I have a friend I would love to visit up there.

Heather said...

Pip is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable - that is a container of sunshine there in her body :)

Looks like her mama too, huh?

I'm so envious of the Maine trip....it sounds gloriously inconventional.

Ashley Lasbury said...

I loved our talk. It also happened to be just what I needed.

And I vote loon...oh, we have lots of loons here in Maine...the real ones.

Andrea Frazer said...

Pam - look out. I'll be adding you to my list of people to visit before I die.

Amisare - How fun would it be to meet in Maine? One day.

Ham, thanks for the compliment. It means alot coming from a woman with exquisitite children.

One Tall Mama - If you were anything BUT a loon I'd be disappointed. Perfection is so boring.