Thursday, June 22, 2006

Doing 2 Push-ups


Yesterday, as I sat in the hot sun under our "gazebo" (our 199.00 K-mart overhang) I was happily flipping through the Pottery Barn catalog (where, lo and behold, the same "gazebo" cost 499.00). My kids sat in their swim clothes, contently slurping on Scooby Doo push-ups. Stink touched the beach towel page with a sticky finger and inquired, "Mommy, you love us a lot, huh?" At which I set the magazine down and answered, "Stink, I love you so much, my heart could break." At which point he put down his push-up and said "Don't worry, Mommy... I won't let your heart get broken."

Luckily I had my sunglasses on so he couldn't realize that it was far too late for that.

1 comment:

Teri M. said...

List under perfect examples of "Out Of The Mouths Of Babes".

So precious!