Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Heat Is On

It's turning into an L.A. blazing summer. Time to drag out the elephant pool (a blow up wading pool courtesy of Rex's parents). Time to re-organize the dresser drawers: shorts and tanks in front / jeans and long shirts in back. As far as sweaters go... what the heck are those?

I suppose Cecelia's baby decided it was time to play in the sunshine, because as I type this my good friend is laboring at a local hospital. At least I think she is. She spent one night there a few days ago with contractions very small, and rather than opting for a water breakage she took off to try and speed up the process in the comfort of her own home. However, word on the street is that she opted today to be induced, so I'm wishing her lots of luck.

I'm hoping she's relaxing with an epidural. Like my elephant pool, it's something I couldn't do without. In fact, if I ever have a third, I'm going to have a Mama P style water birth consisting of pain numbing meds and my wading pool. Rex could bbq, my mom could bring me coffee and Pip and Stink could spend their time between watching Scooby Doo and taking a quick dip.

It's all about the multi-tasking in birth and summer.

No comments: