Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pound Foolish


Seeing that Rex was gone and I might need some more action, Pip decided to hurl herself off a couch onto a coffee table last night. One renegade trip to the hospital with her on my lap shotgun, followed by 4 hours in ER, left us in stitches - and not the laughing kind.

Pip was so wild with the nurses, they had to put her on a board and bind her limbs to apply the surgical glue and gauze. In fact, she sweated so much the final bandaid kept falling off. "She's a fighter," Nurse Alberta muttered while readjusting the stethoscope Pip had grabbed pre-tie up. "Ah... Duh," was about all I could muster. Pip was howling so loud I could have said, "No shit, fat ass" and no one would have been the wiser.

They couldn't even weigh her without me standing on the scale solo, then putting her on it with me.

Which leads me to the highlite of the evening: I weigh only 181 pounds, not 189. I can't wait until next month when Stink breaks an arm climbing the VCR cabinet to kiss Scooby. Maybe by then I'll hit my goal weight of 175.

They say beauty is painful, I just never thought I'd learn this through my children.

* Pictured: Sophie post stitches

1 comment:

Teri M. said...

Awww!! Poor little thing. :-/

H. had to get that surgical glue when she decided to gouge a crater in her shin falling off her bike. That stuff is great!