Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Strange Times

Today I will attend my very first Hollywood meeting without my writing partner. It's kind of like going to a bar for the first time as a single woman: you know the culture, you understand the language, but everything feels a bit fuzzy (even before you've had the first drink).

Of course, what makes this particular "meet and greet" a bit different from those of my past is that while I schmooze about life at NBC, my kids will be waiting for me in the SUV - right downstairs. (Yes, thanks Grandma. You're not so over the hill that you can't drive over the hill with me.)

Even more odd, tomorrow I go to Beverly Hills again (a place I rarely travel to, especially with gas prices) to meet my ex-writing partner's wife and her kids for a play date. And who will be joining us? My agent and her child. No fancy gigs to discuss or contracts to sign - just a whole lot of diapers and sippy cups.

Like I said, strange times.

1 comment:

Teri M. said...

Fingers crossed? Break a leg? What term do writers use for "good luck" that isn't "good luck", cuz ya know, it's bad luck to say "good luck." Right? ;-)

Strange times = amusing and insightful posts. So, we'll be waiting for a report. :-)