Sunday, January 29, 2006

Making the Cut















With the delicious anticipation of children and husband asleep - fresh coffee wafting in - I am awash in... hmmm... what's that odd aroma? Oh... peace.

I spent some much needed time with Rex and the kids on Saturday, doing a whole lot of nothing... banking, drycleaning, food shopping, getting Stinker's haircut (his first time at a real barber shop), getting Papa's hair cut, visiting family in Calabasas, going to a 3 year old birthday party. It was so average and cliche and heavenly.

Despite my beat up floors (tiling won't be completed until April if we're lucky)... despite my walls in the tv room screaming to be patched and painted... despite a new pimple the size of the Astrodome on the right side of my neck... I feel like the luckiest woman alive.

I thank you Rex, Stink and Pip for being my family. You don't just mean the world to me. You are my world.

I love you!

(Pictured: Rug rats pre-cut, goofing around in a Simi Valley barber shop. With its plaid wall paper, glass jars of blue liquid with combs and old cracked leather chairs, this joint is a far cry from some of the Valley's "KIDS HAIR SALONS!" resplete with video games, candy and enough primary color to blind Elmo. Steve's Razor Edge only loses the Norman Rockwell Experience Award due to no dog's tail wagging below the barber sign. The photo of Stink solo is post - cut. Yes, he does look like Jerry from the haircutting episode.)

No comments: